Sunday, September 5, 2010

Queensryche.....Rocks Oregon


Show Date 9-4-2010

This was my seventh time seeing Queensryche over the years. I've never been disappointed by any of their performance's and this show was no exception. From a photog's point of view I was excited. The show was being performed outdoors, and knew many of the images I was about to capture were going to be nice and sharp. A big thank you to Jeff Albright for providing the ticket's, photo pass and after show passes. Jeff is a great guy and has treated me very well over the last several years.

When I arrived at the amphitheater, Queensryche was just hitting the stage. Good thing I prepped my camera earlier in the day. I wasn't expecting them to be the opening act, that took me by surprise just a bit.

The band looked fresh and ready to rock, which they did. The sound engineer had a great mix and the PA level was perfect. Parker Lundgren, who is filling Chris Degarmo's shoes with the band, looked so much more comfortable up on stage then he had, the two previous times that I had seen the band.

The set was short, with a few tunes off of their latest album American Soldier and several others from the various other albums they have produced over the years. Highlight of the set, Jet City Woman. Its always cool to see the crowd get totally into a song, like they do with Jet City.

Queensryche - Oregon Sate Fair - Salem, OR

No comments:

Post a Comment