Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ned Evett and Triple Double


Show Date 1.11.2011

I had never heard of Ned Evett and Triple Double until now. Since he was opening for Joe Satriani, I was expecting a performance that would be very enjoyable. I wasn’t disappointed one bit. Ned and his band hit the stage with lots of energy and enthusiasm and what caught my attention right away, Ned was playing a fretless guitar. How cool is that, VERY! I’ve seen fretless basses before but never a fretless guitar.

The band was very tight and with only three members, they were able produce a nice full sound with no empty spots in any of the songs performed, which is sometimes very apparent with three man bands.
Ned is a true master of his instrument and it really shows. His talent was a very welcomed sight to see and it was extra special to be able to capture his performance through the lens of my camera.

So, if you have never heard of Ned Evett and Triple Double, do a Google on the band. I promise, you’ll really enjoy what you find and become a new fan right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment